Category Archives: Hebrews

July 7: Rest in Jesus

Read Hebrews 3:7-4:16 Today, we conclude our consideration of the fourth commandment to “remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy” (Ex. 20:8). As we do so, we also discover that there is a future and symbolic aspect to this … Continue reading

Posted in Hebrews, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

April 18: Following and Discipline

Read Hebrews 12:1-13 Today, our focus is less about what is expected of you as a Christ-follower and more about what you should expect as a Christ-follower. And, as you have likely seen both in the text as well as … Continue reading

Posted in Hebrews, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

July 17: All That We Don’t Know About Trouble

Read: John 16:33; James 1:2,12; I Peter 1:6-9; I Peter 4:12; Hebrews 12:5-13 When questioned about the existence of God, Albert Einstein sometimes answered: Man knows perhaps 2% of all there is to know. That leaves 98% we do not … Continue reading

Posted in 1 Peter, Crucible of Crisis, Hebrews, James, John | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

May 25 – Acceptable Worship is Born in Faith

Read: Genesis 4:3-7 and Hebrews 11:4 The first time I ever read the account in Genesis 4 of Cain and Abel, I kind of felt bad for Cain.  It seemed to me like God sort of set him up.  He … Continue reading

Posted in Genesis, Hebrews, Worship

November 12: Christ is Better

Read Hebrews 1:1-14 Christ is better! You cannot read the book of Hebrews without walking away with that basic truth.  He is a better than the priests of old.  He offers a better covenant and serves in a better sanctuary … Continue reading

Posted in Angels, Hebrews

September 14: The New Covenant

Read Hebrews 8:1-13 The Eternal Covenant was one between the Father and the Son before creation.  It required the shedding of Christ’s blood for the redemption of man. The Edenic Covenant was an agreement between God and man made in … Continue reading

Posted in Covenants, Hebrews

September 7: An Eternal Covenant

Read Hebrews 13:1-25 “Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work … Continue reading

Posted in Covenants, Hebrews